Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We had a really lovely and long Christmas vacation, but it was still hard to face going back to work this week.  I did a fair bit of grumbling and dreading over the weekend, but got up at 6 a.m. Monday with resolve.  However, when I pulled into school it was strangely quiet- no cars, no people.  Turns out that all along school was scheduled to start again on TUESDAY.  It was like a snow day but maybe even better.  I came home and surprised Andrew and Henry reading stories in bed, and we decided to go into Boston to the Children's Museum where we spent the day in the "Big Dig" area lifting Henry in and out of the bobcats.

Then after dinner my sweet husband sent me out to the movies with a thermos of tea and a chocolate bar to see Happy Go Lucky, which I loved.  Funny how one extra day of vacation seemed to double the whole thing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story, Sarah! I'm glad you got to sneak in a bit more personal time, plus family time!

empowered natural birth said...

from the zoomed out version of these photos, it looked like henry had very long blonde hair under that hat! i felt like such a stranger all of a sudden! then i zoomed in and realized... there is henry. yes, there he is. i know that boy.